A symbol of glamour and sophistication, legend of the cinema, one of the greatest inspirations to many women around the world. This is a woman who stayed alive after her death, a woman loved by everyone, synonym for femininity and fashion perfection. It can only be Audrey Hepburn.
|One of the iconic dresses in the history of film and fashion designed by Givenchy|
|In the movie "Funny Face" she has moved forward the boundaries of glamour|
Audrey still has a major influence on the fashion world despite the fact that she's no longer alive. Those oversize sunglasses you're wearing that are so trendy right now, who do you think originally started wearing them? And that little black dress, the wardrobe essential which almost every girl possesses? These trends began with Audrey wearing them in "Breakfast At Tiffany's"! Later that year, every single woman in the world was suddenly obsessed with her elegance and ability to look sophisticated and simple at the same time. That Givenchy dress she wore in her style debut is still one of the most famous film costumes and it's that image that pops into people's head when they hear her name.
Her style can be described as classy, glamorous but also elegant and simplified. Audrey loved simple cuts and clean lines that emphasized her slim and tall figure. Her favorite items were classic and feminine silhouetted dresses, capri pants, puffy skirts, simple blazers, trench coats and flats. She loved accessories such as huge sunglasses, pearl jewelry, tiaras and gloves.
Hubert de Givenchy was definitely her favorite designer as he created the clothes she wore in Breakfast At Tiffany's, How To Steal A Million and Funny Face. Audrey loved ballet flats and wore them with everything: dresses, capri pants, turtlenecks and flare skirts. She used simplicity as a key for creating her looks, but complemented her sophisticated outfits with stylish hats, beautiful handbags and a perfect haircut.
Audrey had her own secrets for staying always beautiful and positive which she never hid from people:
- If you want your lips to be beautiful, say only words of kindness.
- For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others.
- Share your food with the hungry and your figure will always be slim.
- Allow your child touch your hair and it will always be healthy.
- To feel confident, always walk thinking that someone is looking at you.
- People need encouragement, say good things and never hurt anyone.
- When you need a helping hand always know that you have it - your own! We were given two hands, one for ourselves, and another to help others.
- Woman's beauty is not in her clothing, hair or figure. It's in her eyes.
- Woman's beauty is not in her looks, it's in her soul. It's care, love and passion she gives to the world.
- Woman becomes more beautiful as she ages.
Get the look of Audrey Hepburn:
We've already mentioned that her closet essentials were simple dresses, full skirts, ballerina flats and turtlenecks. If you want to steal a hint of Audrey's femininity and class, always accessorize your look with big sunglasses, pearls and hats: a touch of mystique always looks glamorous. Wear stilettos or flats, capri pants for everyday look and a little black dress for evening looks. The color palette of her outfits isn't very wide: black, white, red, beige, gray and pink.